What is required to hire…
- Full UK Driving Licence held for at least 2 years
- Driver must be a minimum of 23 years of age (to hire on the day)
- Maximum driver age of 70*
- Minimum of 2 forms of I.D. – Where the address on your driving licence is out of date due to a house move, we will need an additional address proof i.e. Mortgage Statement / Utlilty Bill in your new address showing your name)
- Preferred payment by debit / credit card. Cash is acceptable if a debit / credit card is produced as I.D. / Deposit
- We reserve the option to request a deposit on all hires.
* Drivers over 70 will be considered by out insurers with prior notification (at least 24 hours)
What does the price include?
Full insurance, full RAC breakdown and unlimited mileage
How much deposit?
Cash deposit of £250 or Debit Card details held.
How much is the insurance excess?
£500 unless stated (Points on licence may change this figure)
How can I pay?
Debit / Credit Card or Cash (cheques are not accepted)
What if I am late returning the vehicle, or wish to extend the hire?
For late returns a half a day hire will be added to your charges. For extra hire please call the Durham Van Hire office and your hire may be extended if there is no prior booking on that vehicle.
What happens if I breakdown?
Vans are fully covered by RAC - the number will be shown on the vehicle windscreen for your convenience.
What do I do when I come back?
Vans are checked for damage and fuel level. That’s it!
I have endorsements/points on my licence; can I still hire a vehicle?
Yes, this is possible. Our insurance company has to be informed, the decision to refuse hire or increase excess will be up to them.
Can I add additional drivers?
Yes, first driver free and £5.00 per extra person
Do I have to supply the fuel?
As the customer you are responsible for providing fuel for any journeys undertaken in the hire vehicle.
Can I tow with a Durham Van Hire Vehicle?
Yes, one of our vans comes with a tow bar – please request this at the time of booking if required.
Can I take vehicle abroad?
Yes, you will have to pay extra costs for Green Card (£25.00 per week) and Euro RAC cover (£40.00-No time limit)
(A Green Card is required for travel into other EU Countries).
|Monday - Friday||8.00am - 5pm|
|Saturday||8.00am - 12pm|
|For last minute bookings please call 0191 378 2166 to enquire|